Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An Affordable Indulgence -- Safety Harbor Resort and Spa

Safety Harbor Resort and Spa 
(888) 237-8772 • (727) 726-1161
105 North Bayshore Drive. Safety Harbor, Fl 34695

Pampering has always been high on my list of indulgences. I confess, I am a spa junkie and I would be perfectly happy traveling the United States and the globe sampling spas along the way. Anyone want to give me that job?

Years ago I discovered the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa located in a lovely little community perched right on the waters of Tampa Bay in Pinellas County. The resort is more than 60 years old and was declared a historical landmark in 1964 by the U.S. Department of the Interior. It is actually built over the 2,000+ year old Espiritu Santo Springs, which means “Springs of the Holy Spirit.” The natural mineral water of the springs is used exclusively throughout the resort for drinking water, in spa treatments and in all of the pools. Please read more about their rich history on the resort’s website.

I have witnessed a wonderful transformation and significant changes at the resort over the last few years via a series of renovation projects at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa, now under the ownership of Olympia Development Group. The lobby, guest rooms and spa have undergone a “face lift” and are looking good! Since the spa is my personal main attraction, I was particularly pleased to see the updates in the locker room, waiting and treatment areas.  The renovations are ongoing and needed around the indoor pools and whirlpool areas, but it is a “work in progress” and the spa is enjoyable all the same.

I applaud Safety Harbor Resort and Spa for making a pampering day affordable! My daughters and I have taken advantage of their “Spa-cation Day Package” which is only $69 per person and includes lunch, a 30-minute facial or massage and use of all the facilities! For couples, it’s only $109. It is a wonderful deal because you get pampered and can work out in the fitness area, use the steam room or dry sauna or do water exercises in their shallow indoor pool, then enjoy two outdoor pools (one more secluded and private with lap lanes or the more social and large pool with an outdoor bar…my favorite) and even indulge in a gourmet meal on top of that! It’s a great way to spend the whole day relaxing and rejuvenating the body, mind and soul.  

Check out the other great deals on the website. There are full day, half day and specialty spa packages with overnight accommodations available. Local residents…it’s a “must do” and visitors…come experience a historic jewel and I would bet good money, you will definitely enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment